Wednesday, January 28, 2009

WHAT'S LIKE FOR ME TO BE RETIRED

After about forty years of teaching life I really looked forward to retirement. So here I am, free from all the burdens of a hectic working life. Some friends remarked that I would be bored doing nothing. Why should I be doing nothing? Being retired from work doesn't mean I would sit down and do nothing. I think that would make our exit from this even faster. No 'Boring' is not in my vocabulary. So far life has always been interesting for me whether I am working or now being a retiree. Now I can have time to meet with friends, go outing and pick up the hobbies that I enjoy like reading, listening to music, join the line dancing club or go for a walk to keep myself fit.
Getting involved in Church activities keep me spiritually healthy and I believe is very important preparation for the end as nobody knows when it will come. So I would always start the day with my quiet time with the Lord and end the day thanking Him for everything that happen during the day. This has always been a source of strength and help for me. Now I can afford to spend more time in this solitude and how thankful I am that I don't have to rush here and there. I may not be earning but I am reaping a harvest filled with the goodness of the Lord.

So to all my friends who have retired I wish you the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment