Friday, April 16, 2010

Losing Someone Special in your life

I don't want to go in length of my husband's sickness but rather to express how much his death affected me. I can now understand how one really feels when someone he or she loves is taken away. But for the grace of God and the belief in Him, one can easily fall into deep depression. I too was unable to discribe the feeling of that final seperation . However my faith in God helped me to cope with my deep sorrow. However when the doctor attending him told us that he was going anytime I requested for some of our church members to pray the "Divine Mercy Prayer'. As we were praying I was watching his face. He looked calm and and peaceful. As soon as the prayers was over he breathed his last without any struggle. My last words to him were, "Go in the peace of the Lord. Follow the Light. I love you."
I used to be frighten of death but after seeing a loved one die, my fear of death was gone. Something in me has changed. From that day onward my thought and prayers were on him. However life has to go on and one day I too will face the same destiny. As for now, in spite of how I feel, I will continue on my journey in life learning from past experience until the last call. Meanwhile I promise myself to do whatever good I can to help others find meaning in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment